Award at Washington conference caps a year of 18 major honours for Canadian PR firm
Argyle Public Relationships has been named global Mid-Sized Agency of the Year for 2017 by the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) — capping an outstanding spring in which Argyle earned 18 major industry awards, including Best Overall PR Campaign of the Year at the Canadian Public Relations Society’s Toronto awards.
Argyle has twice earned the title of Mid-Sized Agency of the Year from IABC Toronto, and was a finalist for the global title in 2016. The best-of-show award from CPRS Toronto, featuring competition from every major Canadian agency, was Argyle’s third since 2010, in addition to two other appearances as a finalist.
The firm believes strongly in participating in industry awards, not only because of the motivating effect of earning accolades from its peers, but also because awards present a valuable opportunity to benchmark Argyle’s work against that of other leaders in the profession.
Argyle’s most acclaimed client work of 2017 included:
- A campaign to drive public support and compel government action to bring justice to survivors of the Sixties Scoop, under which aboriginal children were taken from their families, put up for adoption and deprived of their cultures;
- A social responsibility strategy and program for Ontario Pork, moving the pork industry into a position of leadership among livestock commodities;
- A program to change the Canadian media conversation surrounding carbon pricing as a solution to carbon change, conducted for Canada’s Ecofiscal Commission;
- The launch of a database for Canadian multiple myeloma patients for Myeloma Canada; and
- A social/digital sampling program driving trial of a new skin care product from CeraVe.
Here is a complete list of Argyle’s 2017 awards:
- Mid-Sized Agency of the Year
- Gold Quill Award of Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility (global)
- Two Gold Quill Awards of Excellence in Media Relations (global)
- Canadian Government Relations Campaign of the Year – Gold Award of Excellence
- Canadian Advocacy and Social Marketing Campaign of the Year – Gold Award of Excellence
- Canadian Media Relations Agency Campaign of the Year — Silver Award of Excellenc
- Best Overall PR Campaign of the Year
- Government Relations Campaign of the Year – Gold Award of Excellence
- Best Use of Media Relations Under $50,000 — Silver Award of Excellence
- Community Relations Campaign of the Year – Bronze Award of Excellence
- Best Use of Media Relations Over $50,000 — Bronze Award of Excellence
- Best Use of Media Relations Over $50,000 – Certificate of Merit
- New Product or Service Launch of the Year – Certificate of Merit
- Award of Excellence in Social Responsibility
- Award of Excellence in Government Relations
- Award of Excellence in Media Relations
- Award of Merit in Media Relations
About Argyle Public Relationships
For more than 35 years, Argyle has been chosen by some of the world’s biggest brands, put big ideas onto the public agenda, and grown to become one of Canada’s largest independent communications firms. Argyle builds relationships in many sectors, in many ways. The firm’s specialties include consumer and trade marketing, corporate communications, healthcare communications, government and public affairs, digital communications and branding and design.